Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Sampler Progress

Sampler as of June 16th
Over the last few days I have been able to work a bit on the sampler that I started a couple of weeks ago.  I haven't been able to focus on it like I had hoped but at least I have been able to make a bit of progress on it.

As you can see I have started working on the motifs as I wanted to see what it was going to look like.  Yes I still have some of the border stitching to do but wanted to do something different for a little while.

I did do the final motif because I figured if I put the year on it, I then had to work on getting it finished this year.  I am hoping that it will be done way before December but at least now I have a goal for completing it.

The original sampler has the motifs in a different order but last Wednesday evening a friend of mine, Silverlotus and I decided that it would be fun to put them in a different order so with her help we put the remaining motifs in a random order.   I am not sure if I am going to stitch the motifs in numeric order and place them in the random spots or if I can going to stitch them in the order what we generated.  I will figure that out once I have some time to pick up the sampler and do a bit more stitching on it.

First two motifs added
So now I need to do some work and hopefully before the end of this coming weekend I will have a bit more done on this sampler.

No comments: