Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Where did weekend go?

I am sitting here at work and realized that this past weekend went way too fast for me.  I didn't get a lot of crafting done and I think part of that was because of the heat and humidity.

I am still working on some baby hats and I want to try and use up some of my stash because it takes over everywhere.  The good thing about the baby hats is they are small and when it's hot out they aren't too bad to work on.  The other reason I keep working on the hats is because I had set a goal for myself between June 1st and July 31st and that was to make 60 baby hats during that time.  Well, over the weekend I completed the 60th hat but am still working on hats as I am interested to see how many I will have completed by July 31st.

Other than working on the hats I have been working on a large project that I really want to get finished.  I am making an afghan for a friend and would like to see it completed by mid-August.  The afghan is 108 granny squares so have been working on the squares during the heat and then in an air-conditioned room I have been joining the afghan together.  As of yesterday I have only 18 squares to join and then the border so hopefully it will be done soon.

Now off to get a few things completed today so that I can head home at a reasonable time and maybe craft.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Way to go, getting all those hats done!