Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Weaving loom that travels

Weaving loom that travels
 This past weekend DH and I took off and there was one thing that wasn't going to stay at home on this trip and it was my weaving loom.

Yes because my loom is a smaller size it means that I can take it places with me and it doesn't have to just sit at home.  The loom I have is the Cricket Loom.  On the weekend I worked on the shawl that I had started before leaving home which is in the picture and once this one was completed on Saturday evening I started a narrower scarf.

The little guy that is sitting beside my loom is named "Stash" and his job is to help me keep an eye on my stash and to try and assist me in using it up quickly.
Good location

Besides working on my loom on this trip I had a great excuse to leave the hotel room on Saturday.  Our hotel was located in the same parking lot as an outlet mall and what girl wouldn't take the opportunity to do a little shopping.  It was extremely warm out so it meant that I didn't do as much walking as I would have liked but I was still able to get out and pick up a few things that I found on sale.

The weekend went way too quickly but I did have a good time.  I met up with a friend that I hadn't seen for a couple of years which was nice. 

I also was gifted with another weaving loom which I can't wait to try out.  My mother-in-law had a weaving loom and she gifted it to me on Saturday which I really appreciate it.  I know that it is going to take me a bit of time to learn how to use the new one as it is bigger but I know I will. (picture to follow)

So the weekend is over and it's back to reality but at least I know that I did made a bit of a dent in my stash this weekend and I also have a great trip with my husband.

No comments: