Thursday, December 30, 2010

Now to try to get back to normal

Christmas is now over and things are starting to get back to normal for most people.  Some are still on holidays until next week but at least the craziness of the season is winding down.

As promised here are the items that I made as gifts this year.

The teal wrap was for my sister and it was a pattern from a kit that I bought for myself in October.  My shawl is going to be gray but knew that the teal would go with a lot of clothes that my sister wears.
Close up of shawl for my sister
 Here is a picture of the full wrap once my sister opened it on Christmas day.  It has pockets on both ends which is what made me want the wrap for myself.
Mary Maxim kit - Tweed blanket wrap
 I am really enjoying making these curly scarves and decided that my mom could use one so made her one for Christmas.  I bought the wool-ease white-multi which had a metallic thread in it so it made it a little dressier.
Curly scarf - white glitter yarn

Besides getting a bit of a chance to craft this week I haven't really got a lot to show for what I did.  I was able to sew in ends on some projects.  My ufo count is finally starting to go down as I worked through finishing a few knit hats that I had on the go. 

Oh, besides a bit of crafting I also did a bit of craft shopping.  I know I have enough yarn to last for a few years but had to pick up some more black yarn for joining lapghans together.  I also picked up some gray yarn to make three more curly scarves for people.  Will take a picture of the one I just started as it is using two yarns instead of just the one I normally use.

First I need to work for a while today and then will sit and craft until the new year.

No comments: