Tuesday, September 1, 2026

English Paper Piecing - August progress

Here it is the end of the month and the beginning of the month of the month and time for me to start to show you what I have been working on over the last month. One thing that I can say is I have been busy this month moving a couple of projects forward which has been really nice. I hope to be able to continue to move things forward over the next few months.  

Once the weather cools down a little bit I am going to be focusing on joining motifs and flowers to some of the other projects that I currently have on the go.

Flower Quilt - this project is the one that last month I called the Oh, Oh project. The reason for that comment was I had decided to kit it up and figured it would be something that I might work on in the future.

Well, the future came a little faster than I thought it would as the weather was such that trying to focus on adding motifs or flowers to an already good size project wasn't going to work so well. This project has been a lot of fun, and I have been enjoying the progress that I have been able to make on it.

What I have been trying to do is as I get some motifs made, I try and make them into flowers so that I can then focus some on joining the flowers together.  It has meant that I have been able to focus on smaller sections of this overall project.

What I am hoping to be able to do before too long is actually start to join all the completed motifs into the quilt top. I need to make 158 full flowers for this project, so it is going to take a while to get this project done. This isn't going to be my major focus over the next couple of months as I would like to try and move some of the projects that I already have on the go closer to a finish. 

Trying to get some of the larger projects moved forward would be good and once the weather cools down just a bit I am going to be working on trying to get the throws that I currently have on the go closer to being completed.

Kindle Cover - this is a project that I have worked a bit on over the last while. This project was worked on in 2025 but until this month it hadn't got any attention, so I knew it was time to pick it up and give it some much needed attention.

The first thing that I had to do was to figure out the size of the cover as I wanted this case to hold both my Kindle and Kobo e-readers. It didn't take long to figure that size out and then it was the return to joining the motifs to this project and making sure that I was within the size that I wanted.

As you can see, I think I have the piece to the right size, but I need to measure it to make sure it's large enough before I can start quilting it. I am looking forward to having this project completed so that it can hold both of my e-readers.

Other projects - well I have been locating the various projects that have been started during my EPP journey so there might be some older projects getting pulled out before long and finally getting moved forward.

This last month has also been a bit of a journey regarding thread and needles and it's been very interesting. I am looking forward to writing all about that journey, but it will be a separate blog as I think it is going to be a longer one.

Hope everyone has a good September and I look forward to seeing what I can get accomplished this month as it is a busier month for us. I will be back hopefully at the end of September with an update.



No comments: