Monday, June 17, 2024

Getting closer to some finishes

Here it is the start of another week and there are a few things that I would like to get finished up quickly this week. It is going to be a busy week here but at least I hope to find a bit of time where I can spend some time working on my projects.

Last week I said I wanted it to warm up a little bit and now this week we are under an extreme heat warming with temperatures in the 30's Celsius and with humidex warnings into the 40's so it is going to be a hot week here. This means that I am going to have to work hard each morning to get things done before the heat makes it difficult to focus on work.

Of course, I will so be trying to make some progress on a couple of projects as I am starting to see that both projects are getting closer to a finish.

Star Touched Meadows Stitch Along - January - this is my cross stitch focus lately and I am starting to see that I am getting closer to having this piece finished. I have reached the 75% complete and only have four more colours to add into this project.

I am happy with the progress that I was able to make this last week on this piece and hopefully this week I can continue to add more of the colours and stitches to it. It does take a while to complete each of these months because of how many stitches there are in them. After January is completed, I think I might be picking up something different to work on for a little while just for a bit of a break from these pieces.

Lamina Wrap - this is the knitting project that got all the attention last week and I am loving how quickly I have been able to see progress on it. This piece has got quite a bit of attention over the last week and part of that is because I am enjoying working on it. Of course, I still have a way to go on the wrap because I am just working on the 18th lace section out of 25 so still a bit of a way to go on it.

I have been trying to add at least 12 rows a day to this wrap so that I can see progress on it and right now that does help see that I am getting closer to a finish. The one thing that I am not looking forward to doing is sewing in all the ends that I have. I do know that I am so happy with how the wrap is turning out and I look forward to seeing it off the needles and blocked.

Of course, I have a list of shawls and wraps that I would like to work on after finishing this project so I will see which one I pick to work on after this one is done.

Other projects - I have worked on a couple of other projects for a little bit but not enough to have any progress to show. Hopefully soon I will have enough done on something that it is worth showing but for now it is just a project that I have worked on in the car.

I hope everyone is finding that bit of time each day to do something that you enjoy. For me, it is my crafting that helps me recharge my personal batteries most of the time. There are other days where just sitting and watching the world go by that helps the most. It doesn't matter what I do as long as I take that bit of time each day to do something to help me recharge.

This coming week I hope that I can continue to move these two main projects closer to a finish. Seeing that both projects are getting closer to being finished makes me happy. We will see what I can get done this week and a lot of that will depend on how hot it is out and what I feel like doing.

Hope everyone has a good week and if you are dealing with extremely temperatures, please take care of yourself and remember to drink lots of water.

No comments: