Monday, April 24, 2023

Progress for the week

Another week has come and gone and now to show you what I have been able to get done. I have been busy with work so that means that I haven't been able to get as much crafting done as normal. Now to see if I can at least make more progress on things moving forward. 

It still feels great that I have been able to make progress on things and now to see if I can continue to make progress on things.

Mini the Forgotten - I have been able to make some progress on this piece this week. I continue to try and move this piece forward. It might not get a lot of attention but at least I have been able to move it forward slowly. I am continuing to try and get some of the dress completed as well as fill in some of the background. The background is slowly moving forward so that is great. If I can continue to get more of this piece done over the nice little while I would be very happy.

Florence Law - here is another piece that I have been trying to make some progress on. I didn't get quite as much work on this piece this week as I would have liked but at least I have been able to get things done. I have been able to get at least a few stitches in on each of the rows so that is great. 

Of course, I didn't get as much done this week as I had hoped but at least I know that I have continued to move this piece forward. It is fun working on the letters and words and motifs a little bit at a time. I haven't decided if I am going to continue to work on a row at a time or just work on the various sections as I want to work on.

Hopefully next week I can spend a bit more time working on this piece as I would like to see how much of it, I can get done. I don't think this piece will be done by the end of the month but that doesn't bother me as I would just like to see it done quickly. If, I can spend some time working on it this piece more this week I might be able to see some good progress on it. 

I have got over 50% of the piece done so that is good and now to see if I can continue to move it forward and get it done. We will see what I can get done this week as maybe things will slow down enough that I can enjoy some more stitching time.

Wedding Shawl - this project seems to have been a bit of a challenge for me over the last week. I have been trying to move this project forward but keep running into little challenges with it. Of course, the biggest challenge is when you make a mistake on one row, and you don't discover it until you have completed another 4 or 5 rows. This issue happened today so I didn't get as much progress done as I would have liked so that didn't make me happy.



I am going to continue to work on this piece as I would like to see how much more of it I can get done. I measured it part pay through this week, and I was at 31 inches so that is good. If I can spend some time to working on this shawl during the next week, I might be able to see more progress on it or at least I hope that I can.

I would like to see if I can get at a few more inches done before the end of the so that means that I need to work on that over the next week.

Diagonal Garter Shawl - well this project was going to be something that I didn't work on very much, but it became the escape when I needed something that was easy to work on.  I love how quickly this piece is working up right now and I know that is because I am still working on the increases but it's still nice to see the progress on this piece.

Now to see if I can keep this project as something that I don't work on much for a little while. I do have plans to work on it for a few days in early May but other than that I would like to see if I can put it aside for a little while and focus on getting more progress done on the Wedding Shawl. 

Other projects - I have been trying to make little bits of progress on my English Paper piecing which has felt good.  It would be nice to continue working on projects as I would like to see some good progress on things before the end of the month.

There are always other projects that I would like to work on, but I am trying to keep the number of things that I work on down each week. Being able to continue to see the progress on things makes me feel so much better so will see what this coming week is like.

I hope everyone continues to find that bit of time each day to do something for yourself. Making sure that you have that bit of time does help a lot as it ensures that you will have the energy to be there for others as well as yourself each day.

Have a good week and hopefully I will have some progress on at least a couple of the projects to show you next week. 
 

No comments: