Monday, October 17, 2022

Some stitching and knitting progress

Here it is the start of another week and things have been busy around here, but at least I know that I have been able to make some progress on a few things.

Work continues to play a key part in our week but at least I have been able to find some time each day this week to do at least a few minutes of crafting or taking time for myself which is very important.

New Doors - I decided to try and start to add a bit of colour to this piece this week because after working on the dark colours for a while I wanted to see if I could at least get some of the motifs finished, so that meant that I needed to add some of the red to the overall design.

I haven't been able to make a lot of progress on this piece, but that didn't bother me because I have been able to spend some time stitching this week and that is the biggest thing right now. I am going to continue to see if I can work on this project a bit at a time, as it would make me very happy to see more of the motifs and outline completed before too long. 

My goal for this piece is to have it finished by my birthday so that means that I need to have it finished by April and if I can continue to focus on it even a bit each month, I think I should be able to have it finished. It isn't going away because I have been enjoying working on it even if I don't get a lot of stitching done on it each week.

Mini the Forgotten - here is the piece that I tried to put as my focus piece this week.  What I decided to do is to try and work on getting more of the black on the entire project moved forward. It did mean that I needed to move the fabric so that I could continue to work on the black sections, but after this week I am happy with the progress that I have been able to make. I do know that there is still a long way to go to complete the black on the piece, but at least I have been able to move it forward, which makes me feel good.

This week I decided to work on getting some of the various outline done as well because that means I should be able to work on some of the other colours as well if that is what I want to work on. This piece I would like it to be the focus piece for the next little while as it would be nice to get it moved forward because it is a full coverage so just finished one of the colours would be nice.

I haven't reached the top of the pattern yet, so that means that I will need to move the fabric again, but first I need to get more of the black finished.

Simple Triangle Shawl - this is the knitting project that I have been trying to focus on this week. It would be really nice if I could get this done before too long, but right now I keep joking that this ball of yarn is the ball that never ends. I am slowly starting to see the ball of yarn start to become smaller, but it still seems like I have a ways to go before the end is near. 

This project has been a lot of fun because of how easy it is, and it means that I have been able to pick it up and work on it even when I only have a few minutes to get some stitching in. If I can focus on some knitting this week, I would love to be able to complete this shawl before the end of this week. I have already decided on what my next knitting project is, so that means that this one needs to get finished before the next one is added to the needles.

Other projects - this week I have figured out another project that I would like to start to work on, but I haven't been able to spend the time getting it organized yet. I hope that withing the next couple of weeks I can get it organized and maybe started, but we will see what happens.

I hope everyone is continuing to find that little bit of time each day to do something for yourself. The shawl has been that for me as it means that I pick it up and even if I only get a row or two done it means that I have taken some time to myself and help recharge those batteries each day. It doesn't matter what you do, but remembering to take that time each day helps you have the energy to help others around you.

This week I am not sure what I am going to be working on, but hopefully next week I will have something to show you. Have a great week and I will see you next week.






 

No comments: