Monday, August 1, 2022

Some progress this week

Here it is the start of another week and yes another week of seeing if I can spend some time each day doing a bit of crafting.

Life seems to be getting into a new normal and that is good, so now to see how my crafting time may change, but at least I know that I have been able to make some progress on things over the last week.

Magic of Books - this week I continued to work on Magic of Books and most days I was able to get a couple of lengths of black added to the overall piece. I did make some good progress on filling in the black, but I am now going to at least take this week as a break from black. I am happy with how much I was able to get done, as I was able to almost 1,000 stitches in black over the last week.

Pine Forest Baby Blanket - I am continuing to work on this blanket and trying to get at least 4 rows completed each day.  I have now passed the halfway mark on the project, so that makes me happy, and I am going to be working hard to see how quickly I can get it done.

The pattern is a nice simple pattern and once you have memorized the pattern you can simply pick up the project and work on it. I know that seeing more of the rows completed would be nice, as it is starting to get a little harder to keep in my lap. I know that if the weather gets back to the hot and humid weather that they are calling for, I might not be able to get the four rows done each day, but I will try.

I have been wondering what this pattern would look like using sports weight yarn because I think it would have a nice and lacey appearance, so maybe that is something I might try later on. First I need to get this blanket finished, and then I can think about trying it in a different yarn.

Other projects - I have picked up my English paper piecing and have been making some slow progress on both the small motif project and the throw. Neither of the projects looks like I have done much, as I have been working on some little bits of sewing that is usually needed at some point in the project. I hope to be able to show some progress on both of these projects before too long.

I hope everyone continues to find those bits of time each day to do something for yourself. It doesn't matter what it is but making sure that you have spent some time doing something that you enjoy is what matters. We all need to take some time for yourself so that we can regain our own energy so that we can be there for those around us.

I hope to have some progress on at least a couple of projects next week. I am not sure what I am going to be working on, but I will figure that out later today. Have a good week.


 

No comments: