Monday, February 21, 2022

Some slow progress

Here it is the start of another week, and I am looking out the window at snow on the ground again. The forecast today and tomorrow is for lots of rain, so now the concern is for flooding because the ground is frozen. 

It is a holiday Monday here in Ontario as it is Family Day, so that means a day of relaxing and just trying to get things done around home and hopefully not having to deal with any work issues.

I hope to be able to get the things done around home that we want to get done and then find a bit of time to sit and do some crafting, but will have to see how things go.

Ruskin's Penguins - this is the project that has come out to see how much progress I can get done on it over the next little while. I am going to be trying to continue to work on the outside border section as well as now start to complete the middle of the design.

The border of this piece is pretty easy once you get into it, so that is what I do when I just want to sit and fill in different sections. I still have most of the white around the border to fill in, but again now that a lot of the black is done the white is pretty easy to add into those sections. 

The middle of the design is coming along pretty nicely, and it is something that I decided to work on this week for a while. I still have to finish off the word penguin and then add another penguin, and then the filling in of the middle will start to happen with all the snowflakes around the piece.

I hope to continue to work on this piece, as I would like to have it finished before too long. 

Asymmetrical Lace Knit Shawl - this past week, I decided that I was going to try and focus on getting more knitting done. I started this shawl a while ago and just hadn't been making much progress, and then I decided to try and pick it up a bit each day to try and get a few stitches in. 

This last week I was able to work on it a little more than I had and now am happy with the progress that I have made on it. I still have quite a ways to go on the pattern, but at least I am now starting to see progress on it and that does make me happy.

This coming week I am going to see how much more knitting I can get done on it as it would be nice to see this section of the pattern done, and then I can start working on the lace section which is what I am looking forward to doing.

Other projects - I haven't been getting a lot of time to work on other projects, so will see what this week is like. I am trying to get more organized in regard to work, so that has been taking some of my time over the last couple of weeks.

I hope everyone continues to find a bit of time each day to do something for yourself. It is important that we remember that we need to make sure that we take care of ourselves so that we have the energy to take care of others.

This week I will see what I can get done on both Ruskin's Penguins and Asymmetrical Lace Knit Shawl. Hope everyone has a good week and I will see you next week.




 

No comments: