Monday, August 31, 2020

Progess on stitching

Blushing aug 3
Here it is another Monday morning and Covid-19 is still part of our lives and something that we are all dealing with.  I don't know when life will get back to normal but at least I can see that I have been able to continue to see progress on some of my projects.

This time I decided to post some different pieces for my stitching. The pictures that I am posting this week are comparing the same projects from August 3rd to August 30th.

Blushing - I continue to work on this project and am happy with the progress that I have been able to make.  It is so nice to compare where the project was at the beginning of August and where it is at the end of the month.

Blushing aug 30

This continues to be my focus piece and am happy with the progress that I have been able to make.  I know that I still have a long way to go to get this completed as I am currently at 38% finished.  Yes, there is still a lot more stitching to happen on this piece but at least I can see that over the last month I have been able to make some good progress.

I am looking forward to seeing how much more of this piece I can get done in September as I would love to see the bottom section of the piece at least completed except for the little bits of colour that I need to add around the edge of the rose.  I think if I can focus on getting the larger sections done I will be very happy at the end of September.

Pandemic Aug 3

Pandemic - here is a piece that finally got a bit of attention after the little start at the beginning of August. I hadn't picked this piece up at all during the month and then decided yesterday that it was time for it to get moved forward.  I was able to get to the edge of the first page on the bottom but there is still a lot of area to fill in before I can say that I have a page finish.  I haven't stitched to the top of the page either so that is something that I hope to do next time I pick up the piece.

Pandemic Aug 30I am happy to see that little bits of the design are starting to show but I know it is going to be a long time before this piece looks like much.  I am thinking that this piece is going to continue to be the piece that I work on when I want a change from Blushing.  


Over the last while I have changed how I do a lot of my stitching and now I am trying to focus on one or two pieces instead of jumping around like I did in the past.  The jumping around was nice sometimes but it meant that I really never got anything completed.  I am hoping that with focusing on only a couple of pieces I might be able to see more finishes especially on the pieces that I am working on now. I am now working on larger cross stitch pieces and am really enjoying that.  


I did get a little bit of progress done on the baby afghan that I am working on but it was only a few more rows added to the body of the piece.  I am looking forward to getting this afghan completed but I think I will be a little longer than I figured as I haven't been picking it up as often as I had hoped.  Now to work on making sure that I can pick it up and get it moved forward as I have a few other projects that need my attention after this afghan.


Life is still busy for us with work so that means that they is always stuff on my desk that needs some attention.  Hope everyone has a great week and you find a bit of time each day to do the things that you love doing.


 

No comments: