Monday, July 23, 2018

Moving forward again

The weather was a little cooler this week which also meant that I was able to spend some evenings stitching which made me feel so much better.  Just seeing the progress that I have been able to make feels nice and how to see what I can do over the next week.

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL '18 - July 15th
Linen and Threads Mystery SAL '18 - now this is the project that I decided was going to be something that I focused on this week as I would really like to get this section done before the end of the month.  I have been focusing a lot of my stitching time which is the evenings after work to sit and see how much of this I could get done.  As you can see this week I have been able to finish the left side of the section and now I am working on the right side.  I hope to be able to get this section done before the end of this week so that I have a bit of a break before August is released.  I really do like this entire design and am looking forward to seeing the entire piece at some point.
Linen and Threads Mystery SAL '18 - July 22nd

I decided that I was going to try to finish the outline of the unicorn last night as it means that I can see a lot of something finished up quickly when I can just sit and fill in an area instead of having to always be counting each row.

Temperature - July 9
Temperature -  I finally was able to pick up temperature again and get a few more rows done on it.  I am hoping to be able to spend some more time on it and maybe I will see more of it done before the end of the month as well.  I know that being able to get this moving forward would also help me feel like I am getting back to the level of stitching that I was able to do earlier in the year.

Temperature - July 19th
The colours that I am currently working with are also nice because they are the brighter colours so that has helped me want to pick up this piece and see how much of it I could get done.

All Dogs Go To Heaven - well as I have mentioned there was one pattern that I have wanted to start and finally on Friday I decided it was time to actually start this piece and see how much of it I could get done.  This is going to be around 18 inches x 14 inches when it is finished on 18 count Aida and it is a full coverage piece  (83,525 stitches) so yes it is going to be taking me a very long time to finish it.  

All Dogs Go To Heaven - July 20th
I know that I am going to be working on this piece a bit at a time or at least one page at a time so that I don't feel like it is as big as it really is.  I was happy with the progress that I was able to make on Friday on the piece so now to see when I can pick it up again and get some more work done on it.  I am going to try and finish one page at a time so that should help me see some progress and then maybe after a while I will start to see some of the clouds appear and that will also help.  I know that even on the first page that I am working on has the first dog in the cloud so maybe if I can focus on this piece I will start to see the dogs sooner than I really think.


I am happy with the progress that I was able to make on my pieces this week and will see how things go.  Work is keeping me busy so that means that I don't have a lot of time but when it is cooler in the evenings it means that I can sit and stitch and see some progress.

It is now time for me to try and get some of the work done that is on my plate for this week and then maybe in the evenings I will be able to pick up a project and see how much I can get done.  The Mystery SAL is the first project that will be getting attention this week to see if I can get it done and then I will see which project I pick up after that.  Hope everyone has a good week and if you are stitching hope you enjoy your time.





No comments: