Monday, March 12, 2018

A good week and a finish

Swan - March 3rd
 Here it is the beginning of another week and I am happy with the stitching that I was able to get done this week. I was able to find a bit of stitching time each evening and some on the weekend and I have some progress on some projects this week which makes me very happy.

Swan - March 11th
Swan - now this is the project that once again was the focus of most of my stitching for the week. I have been working on getting this piece done and as of yesterday it is now done which makes me very happy.   I am happy to see this piece finished in a lot of ways but I was reall enjoying working on it so am a little sad as well to see it finished.

I am extremely happy with how it turned out considering it was based on a picture and I converted it into cross-stitch so there wasn't a finished picture of it for me to really know what it was going to look like before I actually sat down and started to stitch it.  Sure, I had the original picture but that was it so am happy with how it turned out.  It now needs to be pressed and framed but that will be in a little while.

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL - March 4th
Linen and Threads Mystery SAL 2018 - I am continuing to work on this piece two threads a day and am happy with the progress that I have been able to make on it. I figure this is gong to be a project that gets a little more attention now that Swan is finished but will see if that really happens.  I still have a plan to at least get two threads a day done on this project for a while to ensure that I can get it done. 

Linen and Threads Mystery SAL - March 11th
I am thinking that the two threads a day will either be on this Mystery SAL or the 2017 version which I would also like to see some progress on soon. I figure I will do the minimum two threads a day on this piece until it is done and then while I am waiting for the next month to be released I will work on the 2017 version two threads a day.  I hope that being able to do that I will be able to see some progress on both of the pieces this year.

Temperature - March 1st
Temperature - after being a little frustrated at the beginning of the month with not finding the temperatures that I needed I have finally been able to get moving forward on it again and am happy with the progress that I have been able to do on it.  I have now got all the stitching up through the 9th of March done and now will be trying to keep up to date on this project.

Temperature - March 11th
At the beginning of this week I was still without a number of days so I decided to reach out to someone to see if they would be able to assist me with the information that I was looking for.  A quick email to a Chief Meteorologist got me a link to a source that I have now been using.  I am now happily working on the project again and am looking forward to keeping him updated on the project.  This project is a lot of fun and there are days when you can really see big changes in temperatuures and other days things stay fairly constant.


Now that Swan is finished I will be trying to figure out another project that will get some attention as I do have a lot of things that are currently sitting and waiting for some attention.  I will see what I can pull out and work on. Before I can pull out a project I have some work that needs to get done so that is what I am off to do now.

Hope everyone is having some great stitching time and remember that even a thread or two being used a day is at least a way to move a project forward.




No comments: