Monday, August 21, 2017

Moving things forward

Cirque des Cercles - Ink Circles - Dec 29
This week I decided that I was going to try and move some pieces forward and that is what I was able to do.

Cirque des Cercles - Ink Circles - August 14
Cirque des Cercles -- now this is a project that I was working on and I hadn't picked it up since December 29th so it needed a bit of attention. I was able to spend a little bit of time on it on Monday and it felt good seeing that it finally get some attention.  I hope to be able to spend some more time on it in the next couple of months but will see how that really goes.

Linen and Threads Mystery Stitch Along - July 29th
Linen and Threads Mystery Stitch Along -  this has seen some attention in the last month but I decided that I was going to try and get the February section of the piece finished before the end of August.  I had one part of February done so it was just one section so I picked it up and worked on it for a while and finally get February done.
Linen and Threads Mystery Stitch Along - August 20

It feels so good seeing that I was finally able to get February done and since I have already started working on March I hope to be able to continue working on it and maybe get some more of that done as well before too long.

Lady - July 21
Lady - now this is a piece that I am working on for the Art Show next year so it of course needed some attention this week so it was the other piece that I decided to work on. I have been working a lot on the actual cloak and dress ares so I figured that I was going to try and get a bit more of the upper part of that done and it felt good.  I am thinking that I am going to try and work on parts of her face and hair as well for a bit of a change.  The cloak is just two colours and the dress is two colours as well so not a lot of changes of colours in that section.  The face and hair have a lot more detail so am looking forward to doing that.
Lady - August 16

Tiger Lily - August 13
Tiger Lily - now here is the other piece that got a bit of attention but not much at all. This is another one of the Art Show pieces so I am hoping to make some good progress on it over the next little while.

I am seeing parts of the flower appear now so that is nice and I am going to continue to work on it and see how quickly I can get some more of the areas done.
Tiger Lily - August 17


I am happy with the stitching that I have been able to accomplish in this last week.  I have been doing my stitching in the evenings and on the weekend.  There are a lot of other things that I have been working on and work has been keeping me busy so that is nice.  My stitching is my escape and it is also a means of me stitching my mind back together.  I sometimes use my stitching as a way of figuring out how I am going to be accomplishing something else.  My stitching is sort of like my meditation because it helps clear my mind of everything that I am working on and I quite often get the ideas that I have needed for something that I have been working on.

This week I hope to be able to get a bit more stitching done because I would like to get a couple of the art show pieces moved forward a bit more.  Until then I have work that needs my attention so I am off to do that.

No comments: