Sunday, July 12, 2009

Charity Picnic

Yesterday was a day for me to get together with my online friends from a group that I belong too. I have to say that it was wonderful even though it rained late in the day. There was about 26 of us that got together and it was a lot of fun. The laughs that we all shared was wonderful as a lot of us had not met until yesterday but we were like a family.

The group does knitting, crocheting, quilting and sewing for charity and most of the items goes to various charities around Canada. The get together also gives all of us a chance to give the other people the items that we have made for their charity. I am now one of the coordinators as I collect the items for the troops and it was such a good feeling receiving all the items that I did yesterday.

This year an american charity also chose our charity as their June project so a lot of items were received from them.

These are the pictures of the items that I received for the troops yesterday.

This picture is of the items that I received from the American group.

Here is what I received from the group of women that were at the picnic from our Canadian charity.

Well now to finish up all the items that I have on the go for the troops so that I can sit and get them all ready to deliver.

No comments: